Date: Sunday 31st January 2021
Time: 17:00 GMT
Job Title: Director, Conservation & Research
Duty Post: Conservation Education Centre, Accra
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervises: Programme Managers (KBAs/IBAs, Migratory Birds and Flyways, Marine conservation)
Contract Duration: One-year (renewable based on performance)
Job Purpose: Responsible for the development, coordination, supervision and implementation of the Society’s Conservation and Biodiversity Research and programmes. Specific duties will include fundraising and project management, identification, planning and execution of mission oriented scientific research on biodiversity conservation issues.
- A second degree, preferably PhD in the biological sciences (Botany, Zoology, etc.) Natural Resources Management or a related field with minimum of 5 years’ experience in a scientific officer position.
- Track record in project proposal development, coordination of field projects and programme staff is crucial.
- Proven communication skills (written and oral, particularly scientific reporting and presentation).
- Familiarity with basic computer applications and software (e.g. MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, GIS, STATA and others).
- Ability to use statistical tools to analyse scientific data is required.
- A strong technical background and understanding of a range of conservation issues, including protected area management, sustainable agriculture in conservation landscapes, conservation financing.
- Proven experience of large-size (over 1million Euros) project implementation, including financial management and administration.
- Experience managing teams to deliver complex projects.
- Experience working with partners, government institutions and communities.
Click here to download the full terms of reference.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, a full CV, and a two-page vision statement for the position to email@example.com.
Candidates may visit www.ghanawildlifesociety.org to download the terms of reference for the position.
The closing date for applications is Sunday, January 31 2021 (17:00 GMT). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.